Health & Nutrition
[+] Enlarge Photo
Turkey Swiss Melt
- 2 cups (500mL) chopped cooked turkey
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 unpeeled, cored apple, diced
(MacIntosh, Granny Smith or other tart eating apple)
- 1/3 cup (75mL) mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cup (300mL) coarsely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (50mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50mL) minced onion or 1/2 tsp (2mL) onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large slices dark rye bread
In medium bowl, mix together turkey, celery, apple, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup (50mL) of the cheese, pecans, and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly toast bread and place on baking sheet. Immediately spoon turkey mixture over bread, top with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese bubbles.
Makes 6 open-face sandwiches.
Ontario Turkey Monthly eNewsletter
Food Service Site
Turkey Farmers of Ontario
© Copyright 2013 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
by REM Web Solutions. |