- 2 cups (500mL) shredded, cooked Ontario turkey
- 1 tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (125mL) grated sharp cheddar
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) chopped parsley
- 16 3-inch (7.5cm) frozen tart shells, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) coarse salt
In bowl, combine turkey, apple, cheddar, green onion and parsley.
Divide the mixture over eight of the tart shells. Brush edges of tarts with egg and top with remaining shells. Brush with egg and sprinkle each with coarse salt. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make a few ventilation slits in the top of each pie.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) until pastry is golden and filling is hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: About 240 cal, 15 g pro, 11 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 24 g carb, 1 g fibre, 25 mg chol,
320 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 8%, calcium 4%, vit A 4%, vit C 6%
Tip: Leave the top tart shells in the freezer until ready to use. This will make it easier to pop them out of the foil base.